Catch Up On The Latest Xero Updates
Xero Updates – November 2019
One of the things we love about Xero is their commitment to developing the software based on customer reviews and feedback. This month is no exception.
Read on below to find out the latest development in the cloud-based accounting software.
- Xero Business for iOS: Share a file from your phone into a draft bill. Search for bills, by swiping down on any bill list to reveal the search bar.
- Invoices: We’ve taken the first steps to adding credit limits to Xero by showing overdue and outstanding balances when you hover over or click on a customer’s name when creating an invoice.
- Quotes: You can now create a repeating invoice from a quote. Copy a quote to another quote, invoice, bill or purchase order, to save time with data entry. Add a repeating invoice from an accepted quote. You can also copy multiple quotes to create one invoice.
- CIS (UK): Construction Industry Scheme invoices and bills can now be imported or edited in an organisation through the Xero API or third party app.
- Xero Expenses: Create an expense claim on behalf of an employee. If you have the admin or approver status in expense claims, you can create expenses for yourself and other employees, including expense claims in currencies other than your base.
- VAT return (UK): We’ve released new tax rates to support Domestic Reverse Charge in Xero. Use the new tax rates to report the correct amounts on the MTD VAT Return.
- New direct feed: Set up a Stripe feed online so you can automatically import your transactions into Xero. You can set the feed up without adding Stripe as a payment service in Xero.
- Payment Services: Use auto pay with Stripe to pay repeating invoices in Xero with a debit or credit card. Set up automatic credit or debit card payments for repeating invoices from Xero using auto pay with Stripe.
- Itemise an expense claim on Expenses mobile app (iOS): We’ve now enabled this feature to allow you to create a more detailed and accurate expense claim on the go. You can split expense claim into different line items, categorise line items to different accounts, apply different tax rates and assign to a different project and/or customers.
- Plan a project & create a quote: Plan a project to get a clear idea of the time and expenses involved before you start work then send a quote over to your client.
- Attach files to online invoice: Include files with your online transactions so your customer can view them. You can now upload files to an invoice through the “attach files” on the invoice screen, either by dragging and dropping onto the screen or selecting files from a drive.
- Payment Services: You can now add a payment service from the repeating invoice template, approved invoice and payment services screen.
- Hubdoc: Xero now provides support to Hubdoc customers that have a Xero login. Get help while using Hubdoc by raising a case for Xero Support or raising a ticket for the Hubdoc support team.
If you would like to discuss moving your accounts over to an intuitive cloud-based accounting system, please get in touch and we will be happy to help. Contact us here or call on 01392 495483.