Accounting shouldn’t be a chore
Small business accounting software that’s not available via the cloud can be tedious. Traditionally, it can suck up far too much of your business’ time and effort. This doesn’t add value, and takes the fun out of running a business.
Cloud accounting software, such as Xero, can save your company time and money. Find out how…
So how what is the cloud and how does it work?
Think about when you use internet banking. Every time you access this data, you’re using the cloud. The cloud is a platform to make data and software accessible online anytime, anywhere, from any device. Your hard drive is no longer the central hub.
Traditional accounting software and it’s problems
- The data in the system isn’t up to date and neither is the software.
- It only works on one computer and data bounces from place to place. For example, on a USB drive. This is not secure or reliable.
- Only one person has user access. Key people can’t access financial and customer details. This can also be a liability.
- It’s costly and complicated to keep backups (if done at all).
- It’s expensive, difficult and time consuming to upgrade the software.
- Customer support is expensive and slow.
- Why the cloud and accounting software are the perfect match.
The benefits of Cloud Accounting Software
- You can use cloud-based software such as Xero, from any device with an internet connection meaning you always have access to your business finances 24hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Online accounting means small business owners stay connected to their data and their accountants. The software can integrate with over 300 apps and third parties. It’s scalable, cost effective and easy to use.
- In the cloud, there’s no need to purchase, install and run applications over a desktop computer meaning you have complete control over your cashflow and the cost becomes a operating expense rather than a capital expenditure.